Q: AD, What is the most important thing in life?
Just as God gave 10 commandments when Moses needed none I will rather prefer giving you a list of things. As per an old saying which is quite apt even today following is the sequence –
1. The most important thing in life is having a healthy body.
2. Stable benign mind, Healthy relationship with self and others
3. Enough money to fulfill your needs and support others in need
4. Having a goal larger than life.. is the next..
If you are well-read then I am sure you would be knowing one should pursue these four in one’s life –
- Dharma (This is the thread on which other three most important jewels are to be woven. It means living a life that is mostly in benevolent state of mind and doesn’t disturb the social fabric & your self-esteem)
- Artha (Means to live your life comfortably – roughly translated as money)
- Kama – Any desires you may have that are important for you to be fulfilled including your sexuality.
- Moksha – Obtaining a state of complete detachment and absolute fulfillment while still living in this body.
This should be read in conjunction with the first list for without physically being healthy it is not possible to pursue these goals.
May be you still insist that I tell you only one thing then here it is –
“Peace of mind!”
– Acharya Agyaatadarshan Anand Nath