AD, Please advise what type of exercises can be done to cure anxiety and gastritis?
The life is not a project in itself. The way you are asking about some exercises about anxiety and gastritis speaks volumes about your temperament in general. You seem to be fix-it-first type person, probably seeking perfection in life. Even if you are not that way somewhere your too much thinking and taking up more than you can handle is causing you these symptoms.
I am not sure how you measured your anxiety and concluded that it overshoots the danger mark (because every man has to have a moderate levels of anxiety or stress) however gastritis is a proven indicator of – excessive anxiety, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, overworked, undisciplined nightlife, consumption of tobacco, alcohol or too much of oily foods.
Gastritis can be further diagnosed to be connected to excess of Agni Tattva, (Fire element) in the terminology of ‘Tattva Shakti Vigyaan’. Higher Fire energies thus cause ‘Pitta’ to rise above healthy levels. These excessive high and consistently high levels of Fire Energies in the body disturb your digestion system and it starts almost reacting to the food rather than being receptive of it. In such cases both the things happens – one is Acidity (leading to gastritis and ulcers) and another is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome and internal hemorrhoid). Both are body’s ways to tell you that not everything is going right in your food processing plant. And there are some serious flaws in its chemistry which need to be fixed.
The first step towards the remedy of gastritis would be to reduce the fire in the system – whether internal (through your repeated worries or anger OR external by virtue of toxic, fat loaded food intake). If you would have been TSV practitioner there would have been some shortcuts available to treat yourself however let me try summarizing things which you should ‘enjoy’ (please note i did not use the word ‘do’ deliberately) in company with even if you are not initiated in Tattva Shakti Vigyaan processes –
1. Sleep for minimum 7-8 Hrs (during night times)
2. Avoid sleeping during the day (Especially after lunch)
3. Drink lots of water around 12-15 glasses in a day (Out of which 4-5 glasses reserved for the morning)
4. Do NOT take tea/coffee/alchohol at any cost.
5. Enjoy your morning or evening walk for at least 30 minutes. Make these walks enjoyable and keep a smile on your face all these 30 mins of walk. (This is the only exercise recommended as of now)
6. Eat on fixed times (don’t starve yourself for too long in any case)
7. Enjoy Nadi-Shodhana for 15 minutes each day.
8. Laugh 20 times a day (I cant give you reasons you will have to find out)
9. DO NOT USE HAIR COLORS or DYEs (howsoever costly or skin friendly it is claimed to be) – these potentially trigger and aggravate acidic tendencies
10. You can also take 1 spoon of Avipatikar Choorn every night before sleep.
And yes! If even after doing all this for a while problem does not subside you need to consult a doctor to get yourself checked for any abnormal pathology or anatomical issues.
Blessings from Masters..
– Ach. Agyaatdarshan Anand Nath