I am suffering from adverse affects of kapalbhati after doing it watching from tv (baba Ramdevs Show). I cant concentrate and my mind gets clouded. I cant understand a situation as a result of which I have become very irritable. help me somehow. My life has become kind of hell. – Docguy
Docguy, During Pranayamas, which is a rhythmic breathing pattern lots of energy gets generated and when this excessive energy tries to move in your network of energy channels its flow should be unhindered. If you are learning Yoga and Pranayama under the guidance of an able Master or Guru he shall make you cleanse your body pathways by using different types of external and internal cleansing methods called ‘Dhouti”, and Trataka. Also he would make sure that your energy channels are cleansed by continuous practice of ‘Nadishodhan’. Yet another level of cleansing is suggested which is known as “Tattva Shuddhi”.. which we teach in our Tattva Shakti Vigyaan Initiation Camps. In fact there is no better way to go systematically about any system. Yoga is not a fitness regime it is a system of empowering you to be able to come “Face to Face with your being”. Though Yoga is magical in its effects just like mathematical formula where 1+1 equals 2 only if you follow all the procedures correctly under the guidance of an authentic Guru from any ancient tradition. In modern times a normal practitioner is mostly confused because there are thousands of teachers (not Gurus) teaching many self-discovered methods hence it is not possible to achieve the desired results from Yoga. We despite having received and perfected Yoga practices from our revered Yoga Guru (Paramhamsa Shri Balendu ji Giri Maharaj) refrain from engaging our disciples in Yogic practices beyond a limit for obvious reasons.
Coming back to your issues… All such symptoms like headache, memory loss, lack of concentration are direct result of excessive push of energy (which is generated during ‘Pranayama’) in the energy channels called ‘Nadis’ and you can imagine what it would be like to obstruct an overflowing violent river. The excessively speedy flow of energy in the impurity clogged channels is bound to distort or damage them. This is natural.
There are approximately 72000 major energy channels in our body. In ancient Yogic text these are referred to as ‘Nadis’. Whenever there is some damage in these our body tries to restore it however it is not always possible to get some very thin channels repaired and thus it may become permanant disability of loss of particular sensitivity or ability. Let us now see how well can we manage this situation – I just pray it is not too late!
My first set of advice to you is:
1. Stop the practice of all sorts of Pranayama for the time being.
2. Stop eating non-vegetarian food (if you are non-vegerarian), alchohol and smoking.
3. In the morning drink 1 Tea Spoon full of Honey mixed with warm water empty stomach and during the day drink at least 8-9 glasses of water.
4. If you can get “Brahmi” and “Vacha” from your chemist shop. Take 200-300 mg of each herb, twice a day mixed in small quanity of honey or milk.
5. In the morning after having bath. Sit relaxed, close your eyes, put a gentle smile on your face and do chanting of AAUUUUMMMMMMMM for 3-5 minutes. While you chant “AUM” focus on back of your neck. Once finished with chanting rub your palms together for 10-15 seconds and once you feel the energy and heat, place your right palm on your forehead covering it and left palm exactly opposite on the backside of your head. Feel the energy moving in every cell of your brain and spreading love, light and smile every where inside there.
If its not too much of damage caused so far in just 21 days of this treatment you shall see your normalcy returning. It has worked for many and I am sure you would prove no exception. Once healed (partially or fully) do get back to me. I will have more for you. You can also keep yourself updated by joining the group of TSV practitioners.
Last but not the least, Each day at least for once yell at the top of your voice… “Jai Baba Ramdev” and clap for yourself!!
Get well soon..
Love and Light
– Ach. Agyaatdarshan Anand Nath